Sep 12, 2014

Who Is the Farmgirl?

Hello Everyone and thanks for stopping by to visit my blog. This is my first blog, so I'm really excited to get started! My name is Danna Sabolik and I grew up on a dairy farm/grain operation in west central Minnesota. I am very passionate about agriculture and right now I am studying Agriculture Communications at North Dakota State University

Go Bison!

Like I said, I grew up on a dairy farm where my uncle, dad and our family milks around 250 Holstein cows. We also raise all our replacement heifers, which means that from the day the calf is born she stays on our farm and we will raise her until she's old enough to have a calf. Once she calves, she will enter our milk production and we start the same cycle over again with the new calf. Grandpa started the farm in 1968 with only 50 cows. Eventually my dad and his brother took over and now the whole family farms together. We also farm just under 2,000 acres of corn and soybeans. 

My Dad also works off the farm as a Regional Sales Manager for Arysta LifeScience. Through his work, I’ve seen a greater picture of Agriculture throughout the world and have been inspired to pursue a career in agriculture. 

Dad and I

My blog is going to focus on food production agriculture. Since I grew up on a dairy farm, I know a lot about milk production and how we take care of our cows. I'm also going to talk about our grain production.

So a little more about me: I have shown dairy cattle for 7 years through 4-h, and that's something that's very important to me. I love to hunt, fish, camp and do almost anything outdoors. I love to play sports like basketball, volleyball, golf and I can even snowboard. I also like to read, spend time with friends and family, and I love to learn! I have four younger siblings, one sister and three brothers. I love them and my parents very much and am proud to call them my family. I am also a coffee addict and I love to go shopping and get dressed up. I mean, who doesn't? ;)

My family on the 4th of July (Corn's knee high!)

My sister and I after a basketball playoff game.

My family on a camping trip in Jackson Hole, WY 


Some of my best friends :)


My sister and I at a volleyball game

One of my senior pictures

Doing chores! Gotta take that felfie! (farm selfie)

Golfing 

I told you I love coffee!

Working with the cattle. She leads like a charm!

My dad and I with the first deer I killed on my own

More felfies! I love cows :)

My siblings and I on show day at the county fair

My family being silly


More coffee with Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *